Questions for Further Study:
1) Does God have a plan for your life or do we make our own path? Study Hebrews 12:1, John 10:27, Psalm 37:23 and Jeremiah 29:11.
2) Read Hebrews 12:1-3. What is it that entangles you? Where should our eyes be focused on? What must we do to not grow weary of life and lose heart?
3) Now read Hebrews 12:7-8. Why do we endure hardships and pain? How has God disciplined you in the past? What does it say about those who are not disciplined?
4) As you face different trials you may feel like your faith is getting weaker. But, like a workout, the weaker you’re getting the stronger you’re getting. See 2 Corinthians 12:10. What does the apostle Paul mean by his “weakness”? Where should our strength come from?
5) Sometimes negative experiences become magnified in our mind and are played over and over. Look at Philippians 3:13-14. What strategy does Paul use to stay focused on what is in front of him? What past experiences do you need God to help you “forget”?