Questions for Further Study:
1. Read the teaching in Luke 16:10-15. Have you been faithful with your resources? How can a person be torn between trusting in money and trusting in God? Can that person serve both?
2. Money and mammon are not the same. The term mammon represents greed, materialism, and the worship of money. See 1 Timothy 6:6-10. Why does Paul say that the “love of money” is the root of evil?
3. Read Luke 6:38. What does the Bible teach about giving? What will happen to us if we are stingy with our money and give only in small measure?
4. What if we surrender all our resources to God? Should a Christian fear this kind of generosity? Read 2 Timothy 1:7.
5. What is the purpose of tithing? Look at Deuteronomy 14:22-23. Is it about financing a ministry? Or is God trying to teach us something?